This week we had the honor of talking to Mike Hull from Bennett Power Sports in Whitby Ontario. Mike shares gives us some inside information into what they do when a customer brings their snowmobile in for a pre-season tune up and shares some tips and tricks along the way. All of this and more on this episode of OntarioSnowmobiler.ca #OntarioSnowmobiler
Introduction of the Show
- Intro of Guest- Mike Hull from Bennett Power Sports, Manager and Head Mechanic and has been for the last 28 years.
- A special Thanks to Mike!
Question of the Week
- William Mccleary Asks….
- Boys has the repairs been made on that major flooding that occurred during mid april. Areas effected were in district 7 district 6 any update on the repairs considering several bridges were wiped out, furthermore several areas along the hydro corridor through Algonquin park were effected thanks
- Paul Answers and reports the trails and clubs affected by the flooding. Thanks to the clubs for repairing and fixing the trails!
- A lot of time and effort was put into fixing these trails and bridges!
- If you have a question, don’t hesitate to ask at…. email@example.com
- You can also use our Facebook Page or our Toll Free number at 1-855-561-4401
- Lake effect snow has hit many areas of the province
- Reports of 30-70 CM of snow in some areas
- 20-30 CM Reported near Lake Simcoe
- 30-40 CM Reported Near Georgian Bay
- Snow has also fallen in the North near Timmins, Sault St Marie and North Bay
- Luc The Groomer Guy Reports a LOT of snow has fallen and he as been out on his first test ride
- West of Thunder Bay has also seen snow
- Mike reports about 1 CM in Whitby
- 15 to 20 CM in forecast for Ottawa Area
- The TriTown Sno Travelers from New Liskard are having an Indoor/Outdoor Swap and Sale this Saturday. Groomer Shed located 487 Brazeau Boulevard in the Dymond Industrial Park in New Liskard. Please call 705-647-4010 to reserve an inside table and outside spots for selling sleds are first come first served.
- The Annual Warwick Snowmobile Club Open House and Chili Cook Off which is also this Saturday. Time : 11-3 The clubhouse is located at 5702 First School road just east of Warwick and south of HWY 402. Participants are welcome. Contact: Grace Mitchell at Grmitchell17@gmail.com
- This Saturday evening at 7:00 The North Bay Snowmobile Club is holding their major fundraiser .Voyageur Inn on Delaware Avenue at Lansdowne Avenue in North Bay. Thousands $ in giveaways http://www.northbaynipissing.com/events/4208679–thin-snow-party-and-silent-auction/
- The Port Perry Snowmobile Club Open House, Volunteer Appreciation BBQ and Swap Meet.Show & Shine. Sunday Dec 1. 10 to 3. Last day for 210 permits.
- Get your events to us at: events@OntarioSnowmobiler.ca
- OFSC Trail Permits, Save $50 when you buy on or before December 1, 2013 www.ofsc.on.ca
- Classics also go up after December 1 from $140 to $170
- Mike Talks about what is needed for you sled to be ready for the season
- He talks about things like Sliders, Spark Plugs, Skis, Suspension and Carbides
- Mike talks about Oils and what oils to use in your Snowmobile
- He says to Check common wear areas and to also check fuel systems, carbs, wiring and track tension.
- Mike discusses Fuel and what fuel to use in you snowmobile and how to maintain you belt and clutch
- Mike discusses the proper break in procedure for a new snowmobile
- Crowd source funding has finished
- Didn’t quite make the goal, but close to 50%.
- Thanks for all the donations and contributors!
- Going to see if we need more funding.
- Good Listener base and mailing list
- Bennett Power Sports
- Phone Number 1-905-430-6360
- Website www.bennettpowersports.com
- 701 Brock Street North, Whitby, Ontario
- Open from 8:30 to 7 in the week
- Special Thanks to Mike Hull!
- Don’t forget to E-Mail us, Join our Facebook page or Call us!
Do you have a comment, question or a topic you would like to hear us discuss on the show? Please call our feedback hotline with your feedback and questions for the show at 855.561.4401
You can also email us or send audio attachments with your feedback and questions to us anytime using firstname.lastname@example.org
Show Notes By Blake Schofield