Join us this week as we get an opportunity to talk with Chuck Breathat, president of the Sudbury Trail Plan (STP) from Northern Ontario #RideNEOntario. Chuck fills us in a bit about the Chiniguchi Wolf Loop #sledchiniguchi and the Cartier Moose loop #RideCartier. We also get a quick update on the project as well as announce the winner of the T-Shirt promotion. All of this and more on this episode of OntarioSnowmobiler.ca #OntarioSnowmobiler
Introduction of the show
- Intro of Guest- Chuck Breathat – Sudbury Trail Plan President OFSC District 12
- A Special Thanks To Chuck!
- Unfortunately the Stars lined up against us last week but happy to see a bunch of replies asking for regular shows.
- T-Shirt Winner will be announced at the end of the Show
- Heard From David Emms from Mid Ontario Snowmobile Trails in OFSC District 8 saying that we had an “Arctic Outbreak” Across Southern and Central Ontario
- 5 CM of Lake Effect snow in Barrie, Wasaga Beach and Collingwood area
- 10 CM Southwest of Barrie
- Lots of Car Accidents Reported
- Windy in Sudbury, But cold with Ice skim on lakes and 5 CM of Snow on the weekend
- Snow also reported in Parry Sound
- The 16th Annual Kawartha Sled-a-rama Snowmobile Show, Sale & Flea Market is on NOVEMBER 24th. Doors open at 9:00 and it runs till 4. It’s being held in the Morrow Building, which is on the corner of George and Lansdowne Streets in Peterborough. http://www.ramashows.ca
- The Annual Warwick Snowmobile Club Open House and Chili Cook Off is set for Saturday, November 30 Beginning at 11:00 and running until 3 The clubhouse is located at 5702 First School road just east of Warwick and south of hwy402 Participants are welcome. Contact: Grace Mitchell at Grmitchell17@gmail.com http://warwicksnowmobileclub.com
- Port Perry Snowmobile Club Open House, Volunteer Appreciation BBQ and Swap Meet. It’s on December 1st at the Port Perry Clubhouse and it runs from 10:00 till 3 Contact: Rsauer@interlinks for more info or go to http://www.portperrysnowmobileclub.com/
- Full listings and info about these events will be available at http://www.ontariosnowmobiler.ca on our new events page.
- Also, if you want your event mentioned on the Podcast, just drop an email with the info in it to Events@OntarioSnowmobiler.ca
- Chuck says that The Events in the District 12 area will be happing in the New Year and he will keep us informed !
- Paul will be attending the Kawartha Swap Meet
- Buy your Permit before December 1 and save $50 on your Regular Seasons Pass
- Available at http://www.ofsc.on.ca
Update to Buy Online Program
- The OFSC has confirmed that the Pre November 1 Pass was a HUGE Success
- Over 41000 Permits were sold
- This is putting some early season cash into club bank accounts much earlier than it ever has in the past! This will also help with the Clubs and Establishments to get work done on the trails and will cut down on Permit administration time.
Question of the week
- Linda Miller asks about the Ontario Tourism Loops- “I would like to hear about these new ‘loops’…are they in fact new, or did I miss them somehow? I know the RAP, RAN and Abitibi…but I haven’t heard of the CARTIER MOOSE LOOP or THE FRENCH CONNECTION! Can you guys speak a bit about this in one of your shows please?”
- The Chiniguchi Wolf Loop has been around for a few years. It is about 210 KM with Several Locations to start from. 2 KM Trail to the Wolf Mountain Lookout. The loop can be shortened up if desired. Lots of Food and Logging. Make sure you Have Fuel around the northern end of the loop.
- The Cartier Moose loop is fairly new and is about 225 KM. A lot of work has gone into this loop. Good Signage. There is a good chance of seeing Moose! Good variety of terrain from flat to hilly with twists.
- New loops are planed for the future in OFSC District 12!
- 4 Hours from The GTA
- Good choice of Hotels and Staging areas with Friendly People.
- STP Office for more information 705 693 7669
Don’t forget you can call us toll free at 1-855-561-4401 to leave questions. We really want to hear from you!
- Good Starter Listener Base
- Over 400 Likes on the Facebook Page
- Still working on the logistics of the show (scheduling, guests, etc)
- Sled Preparation for next weeks Episode!
Crowd Source Funding Update
- A few people have ordered T-Shirts
- November 24 at Midnight is the last chance to get in on Limited edition Stickers and T-Shirts and make a contribution
- Optimistic volume will Increase
- Blackstar -Undisclosed contribution
- Steve Hutton $100 contribution
- Linda Miller- Thank you for your input !
- Thanks to Chuck for Joining the show.
- Thanks to our listeners and everyone who commented
Do you have a comment, question or a topic you would like to hear us discuss on the show? Please call our feedback hotline with your feedback and questions for the show at 855.561.4401
You can also email us or send audio attachments with your feedback and questions to us anytime using email@example.com
Show Notes By Blake Schofield