Due to some persistent listeners, we decided to advance the official December launch and start some immediate recording to help fill that urge some have expressed. We are still a bit undecided if we are ready to begin recording weekly, but if there is enough demand and enough people are asking we have rubber arms… Please let us know if you would like us to begin weekly releases immediately and you will be automatically entered for a chance to win an OntarioSnowmobiler.ca T-Shirt.
Introduction of show
Why are we recording now?
- Due to high demand and many people asking and anticipating about OntarioSnowmobiler.ca, we have decided to record another Podcast for our listeners.
- Should we go weekly?
- Please share your comments with us
- Temperatures are starting to drop in southern Ontario
- Reports of snow in Cochrane from The Polar Bear Riders Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/
pages/ Polar-Bear-Riders-Snowmobile-Cl ub/145545328827427?ref=br_tf
- Frost at Yukon’s Cottage and a thin ice skim on the bays and ponds.
- Paul talks about the weather and what he has been observing across the province
- The hosts introduce the new Events Coordinator, Marni “Doo-Dette” Smith, and she discusses upcoming events across the province.
- Dufferin Drift Busters Snowmobile Club Swap Meet
- November 9th, 2013 at their groomer shed and staging area located on highway 10, 8 km north of the Town of Shelburne, Emergency number 157 289
- 16th Annual Kawartha Sled-a-rama Snowmobile Show and Flea Market
- Sunday, November 24th – 9:00am-4:00pm Morrow Building, Corner of George and Lansdowne In Peterborough Ontario.
- Port Perry Snowmobile Club Open House, BBQ and Swap Meet
- December 1st at Port Perry Club House From 10:00 to 3:00
- Send your events to Marni at…. email@example.com
How do we involve the Listener?
- We want to hear from you!
- Use our Facebook Page
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us Toll Free at 1-855-561-4401
Send us your Questions!
- You have the chance of winning a new Ontario Snowmobiler.ca T-Shirt if you contact us!
Phone in Question
- Dave answers a Question that Listener Micky Roy has sent us.
Toronto International Snowmobile Show
- October 25th – 27th
- Great show with lots of good communication.
- OFSC Launches there 8 Tourism Loops
- Terry Vaudry – OFSC District 6 (Snow Country)
- Terry discusses the RAP Snowmobile Tour (Round Algonquin Park)
- Jonathan Massy – Muskoka Tourism
- Jonathan explains why Muskoka is a great snowmobile destination
- Jamie Macintire – Northeastern Ontario Tourism
- Jamie describes some of the wonderful destinations North Eastern Ontario has to offer in the winter
- Kelly – Ride for Dad
- Kelly explains how Ride for Dad has evolved into snowmobiling and ATV
- Suzy Stenoff – Kelly Shires Brest Cancer Snow Run
- Suzy provides information on the Kelly Shrires Breast Cancer Snow Runs and why they are so important
- Steve Hutton – Prostate Extreme Team
- Steve talks about the PET ride and how it helps patients
- Dave Larman – BRP Ski Doo
- Dave tells us all about the new BRP lineup for 2014
- Pat Marrion – Arctic Cat Sales Inc
- Pat shares his excitement about their partnership with Yamaha motors
- Chris Hawkins – Yamaha
- Chirs talks about what Yamaha has to offer this year
- Luke – Polaris Industries
- Luke fills us in on the extended Polaris Indy line up
Racing and Accessories Interviews
- Johnny – CSRA 120 & 250 Racer
- Johnny talks about his experience on the circuit
- D & D Racing
- These guys have some pretty cool looking sleds
- Bill Park – Rosseau Road Powersports
- Bill explains how his company supports organized snowmobiling in Ontario and why they love their customers
- $210 OFSC Trail Permit Commercial Break. Save $50 when you buy before December 1!
- OFSC Classic Permit- For sleds 15 years or older. Save $30 when you buy before December 1 !
- Rumor has is that the $180 Before November 1 Sales were a huge Success.
- $210 Trail Permits are now available at Club Vendors
- Supertrax Go Snowmobiling Ontario Magazines have been sent out with a Marks Work Wearhouse 10% discount Card included
- Member Benefits
- First Episode a Good Success
- We are now Available on
- iTunes (iPod)
- Microsoft Zune (Windows Phone)
- DoggCatcher (Android)
- Sticher (Multi Platform)
- Many good Contacts were made at the Toronto Snowmobile Show as well many of the OFSC Clubs and Districts support the Project
- Rumor went wild that this was happening !
Crowd Source Funding Update
- Costs associated with equipment and services such as web hosting
- Free Show that is Funded by Listener Contributions
- Stickers, T-Shirts and more will be Given to Contributors Depending on the contribution
- Hosted on IndieGoGo
- Please support our campaign http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ontariosnowmobiler-ca-podcast/x/5089310
- Almost $185 to date and we have just over two weeks left, special shout out to
- Jo Vanden Heuvel – District 5
- Darin McRae – The Beautiful Eastern Association of Snowmobile Trails
- Mr Polaris Man (Mickey Roy) – Osgoode Carleton Snowmobile Trail Club
- Anonymous Contribution
- Zoso, Barbech who hangs out on www.freedomsledder.com
- Awesome $50 contribution from Lep on www.OntarioConditions.com
Thank you to Everyone for Listening!
Do you have a comment, question or a topic you would like to hear us discuss on the show? Please call our feedback hotline with your feedback and questions for the show at 855.561.4401 You can also email us or send audio attachments with your feedback and questions to us anytime using email@example.com
Please remember, the views and opinions expressed in this podcast are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the OFSC.
Show Notes written by Blake Schofield